Sunday, January 15, 2012

Blog #1 Sustainability & Coloquium

I have a few expectations for the University Colloquium class at FGCU. I am expecting to learn a lot about the environment, especially Florida's, and about various environmental issues which are prevalent. I expect that I will come out of this course with a great deal of knowledge about the environment and sustainability. Sustainability is the conditions to which creates and maintains the blanance between nature and humans. Another defnition of sustainability could be the effort or method of using a resource in a way which does not deplete resources or cause damage to them. Sustainability realates to my chosen major of child studies by if I become a pre-K teacher I have to have knowledge of the  environment in order to be able to teach the students about it. There are several personal behaviors which can been seen as being unsustainable such as running the shower for a long time before using it as it is wasting gallons of water, leaving the lights on when not in the room, and leaving other elcetronic devices plugged in or chargers plugged in when not in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment