Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Blog #6: ECHO Trip



My opinon of ECHO is that it is a great learning center in creating new ideas and technology for other countries to utilize such as in Africa. They have seven different climate to which they see which plants will grow in those environnments and how to help them. The tire gardens stood out to me as being excellent ideas for growing plants and vegetables on your roof top. The examples which we saw at ECHO were completely different to my view of American agriculture in that when I think of American agriculture I think of huge industrilized farms or family owned ones. I do feel that their work is relevant to the developing world because they are providing 3rd world countried with new technologies on how to utilize their resources. Appropriate technology is increasing the standard of living for the developing world with out environmental damage. I would be interested in performing service learning there because it is a unique learning experience which one can carry with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment